Prescription medications are an important tool for the management of chronic diseases. However, medications are most effective if taken as prescribed by your physician. Medication adherence and long-term commitment to care are critical to achieving your health goals. Despite this importance only 50% of those on chronic medications take their medications.
Multi-dose Medication Packaging
While there are many reasons for patients to be non-adherent, forgetting to take a medication is the most common. In a survey of over 24,000 adults, 70% reported unintentional non-adherence behaviors, including forgetting to take their medications (62%), running out of medication (37%), and being careless about taking medication (23%). Multi-dose Medication packaging is a highly useful tool for addressing each of these areas of unintentional nonadherence. It provides a convenient method for patients to self-monitor medication consumption, eliminating the need to remember whether a certain dose has been taken. It also gives both patients and caregivers an immediate visual verification of doses previously removed from the device. Further, multi-med packaging is especially effective for medications that should be consumed at different times of day, as it eliminates the need for decision-making regarding which medications are taken at different times. It also mitigates non-adherence by eliminating the need for patients to open multiple containers for each dose. Stop in today to learn more about multi-dose medication packaging and how it can help solve you and your family’s medication worries.
Medication synchronization or med sync is when the pharmacist coordinates the refills of your maintenance medications so you can pick them up on a single day each month or every three months. Many people miss doses of their regular medications and med sync helps to keep you more compliant. It also serves several other benefits which includes eliminating the need to call in multiple prescription refills, fewer trips to the pharmacy and provides an opportunity to meet with your pharmacist on a monthly basis to discuss your medications.
HOW IT WORKS
- Talk to one of our med sync experts either in person or over the phone.
- Once enrolled, pharmacy staff will review your ongoing monthly medications and develop a plan to synchronize them so they can be picked up on a single day each month that is convenient for you.
- Each month we'll call you to confirm your pick-up date (about a week prior) and identify any necessary changes that should take place before your prescriptions are filled.
- After reviewing any changes to your medications, the pharmacy staff will prepare each prescription and create one package for easy pick up or delivery.
- On your scheduled day, your prescriptions are picked up at the pharmacy or delivered to you. At that time, you can ask the pharmacist any questions that you may have about your medication.
- The process repeats itself each month so you can pick up all your medications at once, and the pharmacist can identify potential issues to help you take your medication as prescribed.
A great combination of convenience and practicality. Stop in today to sign you and your family up!